Ford XR6 Turbo Falcon & Typhoon ZF 6 Speed Automatic Transmission Oil Cooler Kit TCK-FURXR6
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY
- This automatic transmission oil cooler kit is a direct bolt on kit for the 6 cylinder XR6 Turbo and FPV Typhoon Turbo vehicles using a heat exchanger under the inlet manifold to cool the transmission fluid.
- This kit completely bypass's the factory heat exchanger by connecting directly into the ZF6HP26 Transmission cooler ports.
- The cooler & fan will need to be mounted under the drivers side headlight behind the front bar. Due to aftermarket intercooler kits and induction systems there will need to be about 100mm clearance in front of the plastic inner wheel liner/shroud + Cooler Dimensions.
- Automatic Transmission External Oil Cooler Kit to suit Turbo Ford's with front mount Intercoolers. Extra Large Cooler 280mm x 255mm x 19mm in size with Male -6AN screw on Connections.
- Cooler includes a temp switch Port with a 90°C ON/85°C OFF Temp Switch included (Operating temp for Transmissions is 90°C).
- Davis Craig 10" Slim Thermo Fan & Fitting Kit which allows the fan to be mounted to the cooler and also includes wiring & relay.
- Speedflow 100 Series Braided Hose and Fittings which are supplied cut to length and hose ends fitted.
- Furious Performance Specially Designed -8AN Adapters to suit the ZF6HP26 Oil Cooler Ports.
- Stainless Steel Brackets which allow the cooler/fan to me mounted under the drivers side headlight.
- Coolant Bypass Fitting which will allow the removal of the factory heat exchanger.
- This kit also includes fitting instructions written by Furious Performance with detailed images.
Furious Part Number: TCK-FURXR6.
FG XR6T, G6T & TYPHOON OWNERS:
We have not currently tested fitment of the cooler on the FG models and the brackets may need to be repositioned.
OUR OPINION ON THIS ITEM
All Automatic Transmissions are fitted with a heat exchange either in the radiator tank or an external exchanger which helps keep transmissions at operating temperature. However the transmission can become over heated due to Hi-Performance, Towing or Loading. Fitting a cooler in series with the standard cooling unit can help keep the transmission cooler in extreme conditions but still allow a good operating temp. Bypassing the standard cooling unit and just using the cooler can also help when the transmission is under lots of load all the time. Bypassing can also take away the risk of the standard cooling unit cracking and filling your transmission with water which will result in a Rebuild of the transmission.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Furious Performance users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.